It’s not summer until you’ve had a bottle of our fan-fave Watermelon Berry. Fans of all ages rave about the summer flavors cold-pressed into every bottle. The best part? You can enjoy it straight out of the bottle or if you’re looking to indulge and treat yourself to a little 21+ treat, you can use it as a base for a delicious Watermelon Berry Margarita.
What’s the first rule to an incredible margarita cocktail? Tequila. And…understanding that not all tequilas are created equal.
Derived from blue agave plants from the areas surrounding… you guessed it… Tequila, Mexico, look for a tequila that is made with only 100% blue agave. Mixed tequila (commonly found in the US) is required to contain at least 51% blue agave, but the rest can be any combination of sugars (generally cane sugar) as well as potential artificial coloring, syrups, glycerin and/or gluten.
Choosing higher quality, traditional agave tequila is gluten-free, offering a smart choice for those who are gluten sensitive. Another bonus? It has significantly less sugar than most hard alcohols, meaning less chance of a hangover (when consumed responsibly) and a safer bet for those looking to watch their waistlines!
WATERMELON BERRY MARGARITA COCKTAIL RECIPE
Serving size: 1
- 4 oz. Watermelon Berry
- 1.5 oz. of your favorite 100% blue agave tequila brand
- Limes, cut into wedges
- Strawberries, cut in halves
- Chili salt (1 part cayenne mixed with 4 parts salt) (optional)
- Fresh Watermelon, sliced (optional)
- First, garnish your glass by swiping a lime wedge around the rim and dipping it upside down into a plate of chili salt, tapping away any excess salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 1-2 lime wedges and several slices of fresh strawberries. Next add ice, followed by tequila and the Watermelon Berry juice. SHAKE WELL.
- Pour your margarita cocktail into the garnished glass, pair with a lime wedge and watermelon – voila! A fruity twist on a traditional margarita cocktail.
And of course, please remember to always drink responsibly.