With the popular Cinco de Drinko Mayo and the Kentucky Derby festivities right around the corner, enjoy this fruity, tropical blend that is absent additives, refined sugars and other chemicals! Drawing inspiration from bright, summer flavors, try this healthy cocktail at your next gathering.
Tropical Freeze Cocktail recipe
Total time: 5 minutes
- 2/3 c. fresh-squeezed orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ of a kiwi, skin removed, more slices for garnish
- ½ c. frozen pineapple
- ½ tsp. powdered stevia or 4-5 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)*
- 2 orange slices, for garnish
- 4 oz spirit of your choosing… we prefer it with a clear tequila for a healthier twist on a frozen margarita
Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and puree until combined.
Taste and add more stevia or lime juice to your liking.
Pour into a glass over ice and garnish with an orange slice and straw or make a pitcher of this as an ode to summer days ahead and never feel guilty about joining the party!
Are you looking for non-alcoholic cocktails or maybe entertaining a younger crowd? No problem, you can eliminate the liquor and enjoy a tropical fruit slushy instead!
* A note on stevia – while this is a naturally derived sweetener and great alternative to sugar (it doesn’t cause insulin spikes!) we strongly encourage you to pay attention to the type of stevia you use as often times locally available variations include additives. The Food Babe published a great guideline to help you choose the ‘right’ kind of stevia and make the most of out this sugar alternative.