March is officially #NutritionMonth which means there is no better time than now to be your most nutritious self. We’re challenging YOU to #eatclean ALL. MONTH. LONG! Celebrate with us throughout March as we share tips, recipes, and nutrition inspiration.
Making healthy choices when you’re on the run can be tough! The first instinct for a quick go-to snack is usually something from a fast food restaurant.
We made it easy for you and asked nutritionists what are their quick go-to foods when they’re on the run. Whether you’re looking for something in between meals, something for every day, or even when you’re travelling, check out these quick go-to foods YOU can incorporate into your daily food choices.
SNACKS FOR EVERYDAY
- fruit and vegetables (apples, bananas, oranges, baby carrots)
- mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, and pistachios)
- single serving packet of nut butter
- nutrition bar (RXbar, Health Warrior, or Square Organics)
– Clara Norfleet, Registered Dietitian | @foodfitnessandfaith
CLARA’S TIP: ALWAYS carry a water bottle with you.
GO-TO SNACKS FOR TRAVELLING
- bananas (favorite)
- almonds and other nuts
- gluten-free tortilla chips/popcorn
- Kind bars
- nut butters
- seasonal fruit
– Dane Johnson, C.N. | @danejohnson1
DANE’S TIP: Tell TSA you need the items for your health, they’ll let you through!
HEALTHY FAT SNACKS
- macadamia nuts
- coconut butter
– Natasha Gildea, NTP | @thefiestykitchen
NATASHA’S TIP: Try a therapeutic ketogenic diet which means, eating a lot of healthy fats. These foods are loaded with healthy fats that keep you satiated and brain happy!
GO-TO FOR IN BETWEEN MEALS
- avocados (with lemon juice and red pepper)
- raw nuts
- dried fruit (like blueberries)
– Gabrielle St. Claire | @eat.drink.shrink
GABRIELLE’S TIP: Try a classic avocado with lemon juice and red pepper and dried blueberries all together!
#eatclean with us all month long! We HAVE to ask, what are your go-to snacks when you’re on the run?