We can all recognize the numerous benefits associated with undergoing a juice cleanse (energy levels, youthful skin, clarity of mind to name a few) – as well as the important pre juice cleanse guidelines we can undertake to ensure a successful cleanse. But what about ways to amplify your juice cleanse?
Below we’ve compiled the top 3 power liquids that you can use to complement your juice cleanse program and enhance your overall cleansing experience! They’ll keep your systems of elimination functioning at full speed, provide an additional source of energy, and boost your body’s natural detox process.
Whether you are looking to take your cleansing journey to the next level or seeking to maximize the benefits of your next juice cleanse, try these three tips for the utlimate experience!
3 POWER LIQUIDS TO AMPLIFY YOUR JUICE CLEANSE
1. Fermented Drinks
If you feel like your bowel movements have slowed or have come to a halt while on a juice cleanse, it may be time to add some healthy probiotics to the mix.
Liquids like apple cider vinegar, coconut water kefir, and kombucha are all fermented drinks rich in probiotics. You can stock up on these beverages at your local health food store, or opt to make this delicious drink at home:
Apple Cider Elixir Recipe
1 ounce apple cider vinegar
5 ounces of filtered water
1 teaspoon honey, maple syrup, or agave
Combine ingredients in a 12-ounce glass over ice and stir well.
2. Spiced Water
Though spices make your foods taste better, they can also be added to your water to give you more energy and help your body eliminate toxins.
We suggest trying the following combinations:
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an excellent blood sugar stabilizer, changing the way your body regulates sugar. Drop a cinnamon stick into a refillable water bottle and sip throughout the day for an added energy boost.
- Cayenne pepper: Adding a dash of cayenne pepper to your water helps curb hunger, stimulate circulation (they open your capillaries), and aid in digestion.
3. HERBAL TEAS
Teas can make you feel warm and cozy, but they can also serve another useful purpose. When it comes to detox amplification, a few herbs can help get the job done:
- Ginger helps remove toxic buildups in your colon and liver, aids in digestion, and helps encourage circulation.
- Burdock tea is a powerful diuretic that helps purge toxins through your urine.
- Lemongrass and milk thistle helps support your liver, your body’s most powerful organ of detoxification.
Try this simple, but powerful detox tea:
6 thin slices of ginger
1-2 lemon slices, squeezed
1 cup boiling water
Place the ginger in a small mug and add the boiling water. Allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Add lemon slice. Add honey to taste, if desired.
ARE YOU currently UNDERGOING A JUICE CLEANSE?
Download our free, comprehensive Juice Cleanse Companion eGuide designed to navigate you through your next juice cleanse for maximum results!
Discover at home remedies for overcoming various detox symptoms, tips on managing feelings of hunger, and insight into how you can enhance your next juice cleanse experience.