We find the easiest way to eat clean and stay fueled is to keep healthy nutritious snacks on hand. Whether you have a late night at work, a long flight, or an ambitious Sunday morning hike, these raw, gluten free granola bars will keep you energized and satisfied.
gluten-free, Goji Berry PROTEIN Bar Recipe
By using homemade granola, you can keep out the added sugar and oil found in most store bought brands. You can also vary the ingredients according to your own taste.
- 1 cup rolled organic oats
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups rolled organic oats
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2/3 cup cashew almond butter (see recipe below)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup goji berries (can substitute dried cranberries)
- 1 Tablespoon cacao nibs (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, seeds, protein powder, and flax.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond cashew butter, agave and sea salt.
- Pour in oat mixture and mix well, until everything is sticky and combined.
- Add Goji berries and mix well.
- Press mixture into shallow 8 inch pan that you have lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Cover with another piece of parchment or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Cut into bar shapes and keep refrigerated. Makes 10-15 bars.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months.
Almond Cashew Butter
By combining almonds and cashews, as it combines the higher protein almond with the creamy heart healthy unsaturated fat of cashews for a smoother, easier to spread consistency.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- Process nuts in a food processor or strong blender until they break down and begin releasing their natural oils and reach a shiny, creamy, spreadable consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.